$240,000 is now available for BC Parks community engagement projects taking place in 2017/18.
Each of BC Parks’ five regions have been allocated $20,000 to support conservation projects, and $20,000 to support recreation projects. To access this funding for a specific park, please contact your local BC Parks staff or email BCParks.Volunteers@gov.bc.ca to find out who you should contact.
What are the funding criteria?
- Maximum funding request is $5,000 per project.
- Projects must be complete by March 31, 2018.
- Projects should engage the local BC Parks community.
- Priority will be given to initiatives with a volunteer component (includes activities, supplies, training and recognition).
The funding may also support events and initiatives that focus on the following:
- Healthy living & physical activity in BC Parks.
- Conservation in BC Parks (e.g., support for Ecological Reserve Wardens, nature education, invasive species control, restoration, science/ research, etc.).
- Attracting new and current visitors to BC Parks (e.g., learn to camp and learn to fish initiatives, youth events, multi-cultural events, accessibility projects, events, celebrations, etc.).
- Leveraging other financial contributions, such as sponsorships.
- Wildfire related activities (e.g., restoration, prevention, critical habitat creation etc.)
Funding must be spent within the 2017/18 fiscal year and a final report must be submitted online along with photographs of the project by March 31, 2018.