Technical Studies and Reports
As part of the Columbia River Treaty Review process, the Province is working with BC Hydro and others to conduct technical studies and other analyses. As they become available, various studies will be posted here.
Arrow Lakes Reservoir Mid-Elevation Scenarios
In response to Columbia Basin First Nations’ and communities’ suggestions for an ecosystem option for Columbia River Treaty operations in the Arrow Lakes Reservoir, the Ministry of Energy and Mines commissioned a study to explore the potential benefits and impacts of a more stable Arrow Lake Reservoir scenario. Click the link below to read the draft report.
In September 2016, the Province held a public meeting in Fauquier BC to share study results. Click here to see the full presentation and summary of meeting notes.
This draft report is a very preliminary overview that suggests potential trends, identifies uncertainties, and raises a number of questions to explore further.
Should there be negotiations to improve the Treaty, B.C. will work closely with Canada to ensure our common interests are represented and benefits to both British Columbians and Canadians are maintained or improved.
- Phase 1 Study and Executive Summary
- Libby VARQ Flood Control Impacts on Kootenay River Dikes
- Review of the Range of Impacts and Benefits of the Columbia River Treaty: Executive Summary
- A Review of the Range of Impacts and Benefits of the Columbia River Treaty: Full Report
- Kootenay System Objectives and Performance Measures Status Summaries
- Canadian Entity’s Preliminary View of Columbia River Treaty Post-2024 Called Upon Procedures
- High Level Description & Evaluation: Duncan Dam post 2024 & Arrow Reservoir Mid Elevation Scenario
- Revised and Final Columbia River Treaty Environmental Discussion Paper – July 2013
- U.S. Benefits from the Columbia River Treaty – Past, Present and Future: A Province of British Columbia Perspective
Columbia River Treaty Review Technical Studies Report – Prepared by BC Hydro Power Authority
- Columbia River Treaty Review Technical Studies Report
- Appendix A: Project Team and Committees – Members and Roles
- Appendix B: Operations on the Columbia River – Relationship between Columbia River Treaty, Non Treaty Storage Agreement, and Water Use Plans
- Appendix C: Kootenay System Operations
- Appendix D: System Model & Assumptions
- Appendix E: Potential Lower Columbia River Flow Regimes for Fisheries Benefits
- Appendix F: Columbia Performance Measure Information Sheets
- Appendix G: Kootenay Performance Measure Information Sheets
- Appendix H: Development of Kootenay Performance Measures
- Addendum to the Columbia River Treaty Review Technical Studies Report