What is this engagement about?
Feedback is invited on the renewed emergency management agreement between Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) and Emergency Management British Columbia (EMBC) for the delivery of emergency management programs, services and activities to on-reserve First Nations communities in the province.
INAC and EMBC presented the renewed agreement to the First Nations Leadership Council in July, in order to seek their feedback and guidance on the content and engagement of the agreement going forward. As a result of the meetings, the First Nations Leadership Council (FNLC) provided their support for INAC and EMBC to commence with more direct engagement with First Nations communities. At this point, public input is invited on three background documents until May 31, 2017.
How can my contribution make a difference?
We invite you to review and provide feedback on the following documents:
1) Canada’s Provincial/Territorial funding agreement model:
- This is the main body of the agreement between INAC and EMBC that outlines organization roles and responsibilities. Read the full document here.
2) Schedule DIAND 3 – Program, Service and Activity Delivery Requirements, Adjustment Factors and Reporting Requirements with Due Dates:
- This describes the proposed provincial programs, services and activities that will be accessible by yourselves; which are equivalent to what is already provided to local authorities in British Columbia. Read the full document here.
3) The suite of services tool:
- This document was used by INAC and EMBC in the development of Schedule DIAND 3. This table more clearly describes the services that are provided to local authorities in B.C., what EMBC currently provides to First Nations under the INAC/EMBC 1993 Letter of Understanding (LOU), and what has been proposed to be provided to on-reserve First Nations under the renewed agreement. The objective is to ensure provision of all the provincial programs, services and activities to all communities in the province. Read the full document here.
Your feedback will be reviewed by INAC and EMBC, and used to help inform the implementation process. Please send your responses to:
Thank you in advance for participating in this initiative. We look forward to receiving your feedback and continuing to work collaboratively to enhance community emergency management capacity across the province of British Columbia.
If you have any questions/concerns with regards to this process or the renewed agreement, please do not hesitate to contact either of the following individuals:
Duncan Stephen Monica Cox
A/Manager, Partnerships Executive Director
INAC BC Region EMBC
Phone: 604-353-9022 Phone: 250-952-4537
- Terrace: Thursday, March 9, 2017 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Location: The Best Western Terrace Inn
- Victoria: Monday, March 13, 2017 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Location: The Songhees Wellness Centre
- Kamloops: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Location: Coast Kamloops Hotel and Conference Centre
- Prince George: Thursday March 23, 2017 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Location: Coast Inn of the North
- Abbottsford: Thursday, April 6, 2017 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Location: Quality Hotel & Conference Centre
Details of the engagement:
Date: March 2 – May 31, 2017
Category: Families and Residents