What was this engagement about?
The B.C. Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure conducted a second engagement on improvements to the Kootenay Lake ferry service and existing Balfour Ferry Terminal. This engagement provided an update on the new replacement ferry, proposed dredging near the terminal and other proposed improvements.
Topics for feedback included:
- Improving queueing safety
- Increasing parking capacity
- New public washrooms
- Greenspace options
Feedback was collected until March 30, 2018.
There were a few ways to get involved:
- Attend a Public Open House or Small Group Meeting
- Read the discussion guide
- Complete the online feedback form
- Provide a written submission via email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail
How can my contribution make a difference?
Input received through this engagement will be compiled and considered by the Ministry, along with technical, environmental and financial considerations, in the final plans for the Project.
There was also an opportunity to provide additional comments and to sign up for construction information updates.
Details of the Consultation:
Date: February 19 – March 30, 2018
Type: In-person, online, email