What is this engagement about?
The Province is conducting a review of the professional reliance model of the natural resource sector to ensure the highest professional, technical and ethical standards are being applied to resource development in British Columbia.
This provincial review will make recommendations on whether:
- Whether professional associations that oversee qualified professionals (QPs) employ best practices to protect the public interest;
- Whether government oversight of professional associations is adequate; and
- Conditions governing the involvement of QPs in government’s resource management decisions and the appropriate level of government oversight to assure the public their interests are protected.
Feedback collected from citizens, stakeholders, QPs and users of QPs will be considered, along with findings from a review of current legislation and best practices in other jurisdictions. After the public feedback process closes on January 19, 2018, the government will analyze the results and make a summary report available to the public.
How can my contribution make a difference?
There are several ways to participate in the engagement process which is open from December 1, 2017 to January 19, 2018 at 4 p.m.
- Citizens (individuals) and users of Qualified Professionals (QPs) can complete an online survey.
- Stakeholders are invited to submit a formal submission.
- QPs will be invited to complete a survey through their member associations.
Details of the Engagement:
Date: December 1, 2017 – January 19, 2018
Category: Environmental Protection