What is this engagement about?
The Sunshine Coast Regional District (SCRD) has applied to BC Parks for an amendment to their park use permit to enable improvements to the community water supply system infrastructure in Tetrahedron Park. The proposed improvements are not permissible within a Class A park. If the requested future improvements to the community water supply in Tetrahedron Park are to be allowed, re-designation of all or a portion of the park to a different status of protected area would be required.
BC Parks is exploring options to implement the direction in the management plan. Three options have been identified:
- Re-designating the entire park to a Protected Area.
- Re-designating a portion of Tetrahedron Park to a Protected Area, and maintaining Class A park status on the rest of the park.
- Re-designating the entire park as a Conservancy.
B.C. Parks hosted an open house on Wednesday, May 2nd, 2018 from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm at the Seaside Centre in Sechelt.
A second open house is scheduled for Thursday, May 24 from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm at the Roberts Creek Community Hall at 1309 Roberts Creek Road.
How to participate in this engagement:
- Review the information provided in the Public Information Paper
- Complete a written comment form and submit via email or mail (contact details on form)
- Submit comments online about the proposed boundary adjustment directly to BC Parks.
How can my contribution make a difference?
Feedback gathered through this process will inform BC Parks’ consideration of re-designation options.
Details of the Engagement:
Date: May 2 – June 8, 2018
Category: Land & Animals
Type: In-person, Online, E-mail