What is this engagement about?
B.C.’s diversity of wildlife provides many environmental, cultural, social, and economic benefits to all British Columbians.
The purpose of this engagement is to open a discussion among Indigenous peoples, rural communities, wildlife organizations, natural resource development industry stakeholders, and the public so together we can identify ideas on ways to improve the way we manage wildlife and their habitat.
The Province seeks a better understanding of the challenges facing wildlife management and habitat conservation, and ways to explore opportunities for developing more effective management tools.
The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development is looking for thoughts and feedback on:
- The engagement approach and how you would like to be involved in the future;
- Questions posed in the challenges section;
- Issues or concerns you think we should be aware of;
- Ideas or solutions you or your organization wishes to share;
- Anything you wish to share on the topic of how wildlife management and habitat conservation can be improved in B.C.
How can my contribution make a difference?
Input will be summarized in a discussion paper focused on “what we heard” that will discuss major themes and issues received through our initial engagement, and will enable us to refine, clarify and communicate the engagement process going forward.
Details of the Engagement:
Date: may 22 – July 31, 2018
Category: Land & Animals
Type: Online, E-mail, Mail