British Columbians rely on our transportation network every day to get to work or school, to access services, and to stay connected to families, each other and the world. Transit services, connections within and between communities, having travel choices, and reducing emissions and greenhouse gases are essential to our quality of life. Strategies to support this priority include:
- Supporting regional and small community airports to improve infrastructure such as runways and terminals
- Improving and increasing transit services for communities across B.C.
- Enhancing cycling infrastructure and improving transportation choices by:
- Partnering with communities to build cycling and walking trails
- Widening shoulders and improving maintenance on shoulder cycling routes
- Working with local partners to promote and encourage cycling and walking