Purpose & Timeline
The purpose of this engagement was to identify interests and concerns of citizens regarding key elements of a provincial regulatory framework for non-medical cannabis. To help ensure that our provincial cannabis regulatory system reflects the needs and values of British Columbians, government sought feedback on the following issues:
- minimum age;
- personal possession limits;
- public consumption;
- drug-impaired driving;
- personal cultivation; and
- distribution and retail models
The timeline for the Cannabis Regulation engagement:
- September 25 – launch of stakeholder and public engagement.
- November 1 at 4 p.m. – deadline for public feedback.
- December 2017 – reporting out on what we have heard to date.
What is Happening to Your Input?
Public feedback together with input from local governments, Indigenous groups and organizations is being considered as government develops a regulatory framework for non-medical cannabis in British Columbia.
Results from the public and stakeholder engagement have been compiled and can be found in the Cannabis Regulation in B.C. What We Heard Report.