Guidelines for Formal Submissions
Organizations, self-advocates, advocates and experts that could be impacted by a new approach to accessibility were invited to make formal written submissions before November 29, 2019 at 4 pm
Submissions were requested to include the following information:
- Name and town, or city of residence, if submitting an individual response.
- Name and purpose of organization, if submitting on behalf of an organization.
- Connection to the topic of accessibility legislation for British Columbia – personal or professional.
- Answers to the questions posed in British Columbia Framework for Accessibility Legislation.
Submissions were then submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only submissions that meet the following criteria will be posted publicly.
- Does not contain profanity or is defamatory, threatening, hateful, personally disparaging, harassing, indecent, vulgar, obscene, illegal, immoral or sexually explicit (partially masking profanity or other unacceptable language by substituting asterisks or other symbols into a word is not acceptable if the word remains recognizable);
- Does not appear to, or does not actually infringe the copyright, trade-mark, right of privacy, right of publicity or any other intellectual property or other proprietary right of any third party;
- Does not contain information about, or images (e.g., photographs, videos or illustrations) of, any person other than the person submitting the content;
- Does not advertise any product, person or organization, or directs attention to another website for personal gain;
- Does not provide links to, or information about, other sites that contain unlawful, objectionable or inappropriate content;
- Does not make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals, groups or organizations;
- Does not appear to be spam-like messaging, a repeat posting or a template letter writing campaign; and
- Is not far off-topic.
All submissions that met the criteria will be read and considered as part of the analysis of this engagement.