Guidelines for Formal Submissions
Organizations, self-advocates, advocates and experts that could be impacted by a new approach to accessibility are invited to make formal submissions until November 29, 2019 at 4 pm
Your submission should include the following information clearly outlined:
- Your name and town, or city of residence, if submitting an individual response.
- Name and purpose of your organization, if submitting on behalf of an organization.
- Your connection to the topic of accessibility legislation for British Columbia – personal or professional.
- Answers to the questions posed in British Columbia Framework for Accessibility Legislation.
This submission should not include any third-party or personal information, stories that identify specific individuals or contain accusations or issues before the courts. Submissions that do not meet these guidelines cannot be considered as part of the review and will not be posted or included in the final report. Please see the specific criteria listed below.
You can email your written submission to email@example.com
Anyone making written submissions should be aware their submissions may be posted publicly to this site, provided they meet the above criteria.
Only submissions that meet the following criteria will be posted publicly.
- Does not contain profanity or is defamatory, threatening, hateful, personally disparaging, harassing, indecent, vulgar, obscene, illegal, immoral or sexually explicit (partially masking profanity or other unacceptable language by substituting asterisks or other symbols into a word is not acceptable if the word remains recognizable);
- Does not appear to, or does not actually infringe the copyright, trade-mark, right of privacy, right of publicity or any other intellectual property or other proprietary right of any third party;
- Does not contain information about, or images (e.g., photographs, videos or illustrations) of, any person other than the person submitting the content;
- Does not advertise any product, person or organization, or directs attention to another website for personal gain;
- Does not provide links to, or information about, other sites that contain unlawful, objectionable or inappropriate content;
- Does not make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals, groups or organizations;
- Does not appear to be spam-like messaging, a repeat posting or a template letter writing campaign; and
- Is not far off-topic.
All submissions that meet the criteria will be read and considered as part of the analysis of this project. The Province reserves the right to decide on whether a submission meets the above criteria and is posted to this web site.
Please note individual or personal submissions will not be posted publicly on this site to ensure that the confidential nature of the topic is maintained.
Depending on the volume of submissions received, it may require several weeks to complete the review and posting of all submissions.