Process and Timelines
To be a truly inclusive province, we must integrate accessibility into every area of life. We must create liveable communities including workplaces, buildings, neighbourhoods and businesses. To do that, we need accessibility legislation that will help build an inclusive British Columbia.
Feedback from all British Columbians will inform the development of the legislation for an accessible B.C.
Online survey responses, emails and organizational submissions will be accepted from September 16 to November 29, 2019 at 4 pm
In-person public meetings are planned in the following communities.
- Saturday, September 28 – Prince George – 2:30 pm to 5 pm, Duchess Park Secondary School
- Saturday, October 5 – Victoria – 2:30 pm to 5 pm, Central Middle School
- Tuesday, October 15 – Fort St John – 5 pm to 7:30 pm, North Peace Cultural Centre
- Wednesday, October 16 – Surrey – 6 pm to 8:30 pm, Civic Hotel
- Friday, October 18 – Comox – 5:30 pm to 8 pm, The Royal Canadian Legion Comox Branch No.160
- Saturday, November 2 – Vancouver – 2:30 pm to 5 pm, Sandman Vancouver City Centre
- Saturday, November 9 – Terrace – 3pm to 5:30 pm, Terrace Sportsplex
- Tuesday, November 12 – Kamloops – 6 pm to 8:30 pm, Lii Michif Otipemisiwak Family & Community Services Centre
- Wednesday, November 13 – Penticton – 6 pm to 8:30 pm, Ooknakane Friendship Centre
- Thursday, November 14 – Nelson – 5:30 pm to 8 pm, Nelson Curling Lounge
In addition to the in-person meetings, an online session is also being offered. This virtual town hall meeting is scheduled for Wednesday November 20 from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
After the consultation period ends, the B.C. Government will provide a summary of the feedback and input that has been received. This feedback will be used to inform the development of accessibility legislation for B.C.