Share your ideas for revitalizing the Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR) and the Agricultural Land Commission (ALC).
B.C.’s Minister of Agriculture, Lana Popham, announced the formation of an independent committee to lead a public engagement process and provide recommendations to the provincial government around this important topic. The Advisory Committee will consider best approaches to revitalizing the ALR and the ALC.
The Minister’s Advisory Committee is seeking your views to deliver recommendations for a strong and robust Agricultural Land Reserve.
The survey focuses on collecting British Columbians opinions and views on these common themes:
- A defensible and defended ALR
- ALR resilience
- Stable governance
- Efficacy of zones 1 and 2
- Interpretation and implementation of the Act and regulation
- Food security and B.C.’s agricultural contribution
- Residential uses in the ALR
- Farm processing and sales in the ALR
- Unauthorized uses
- Non-Farm uses and resource extraction in the ALR
Other ideas to support revitalization are also welcome.
The Advisory Committee will provide a final report to the Minister in fall 2018.
Submit your ideas by April 30, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.