Process and Timelines
The Poverty Reduction Strategy engagement was carried out between October 30, 2017 and March 31, 2018.
There were several ways people participated in the process:
- Attended a Community Meeting
- Attended a Métis Poverty Reduction Engagement Session
- Attended an Indigenous Poverty Reduction Consultation at Friendship Centres across BC
- Met with the Minister and Parliamentary Secretary of Social Development and Poverty Reduction in a small group meeting
- Held their own small group discussions
- Submitted feedback by email, mail or phone.
- Completed an online feedback form on this site.
We will release a “What We Heard” report in June 2018. This will capture all of the feedback we have received through the engagement. Poverty reduction legislation will be brought forward in Fall 2018. The poverty reduction strategy will come after that.