Written submission guidelines
Everyone – including Indigenous Peoples, local governments, stakeholders, non-governmental organizations and citizens – is invited to send a written submission to LWRS.CoastMarine@gov.bc.ca until April 14, 2023 at 4:00 pm (PST).
Written submissions should be no longer than three pages in Word or PDF format. Criteria are listed below.
Please refer to the Intentions Paper when preparing and organizing written submissions.
Submissions must meet the following criteria:
- Does not contain profanity or content that is defamatory, threatening, hateful, personally disparaging, harassing, indecent, vulgar, obscene, illegal, immoral or sexually explicit (partially masking profanity or other unacceptable language by substituting asterisks or other symbols into a word is not acceptable if the word remains recognizable);
- Does not appear to, or actually, infringe the copyright, trade-mark, right of privacy, right of publicity or any other intellectual property or other proprietary right of any third party;
- Does not contain information about, or images (e.g., photographs, videos or illustrations) of, any person other than the person submitting the content;
- Does not advertise any product, person or organization, or direct attention to another website for personal gain;
- Does not provide links to, or information about, other sites that contain unlawful, objectionable or inappropriate content;
- Does not make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals, groups or organizations;
- Does not appear to be spam-like messaging, a repeat posting or a template letter writing campaign; and
- Is not far off-topic.
All submissions will be read and considered as part of the What We Heard report.