There is an Open Government Action Plan consultation session in Victoria, B.C. on March 29, 2018.
Governments around the world are exploring open government and new modes of engaging citizens in the policy-making process. At the same time, evolving citizens’ expectations, policy problems, and new technologies are reshaping the policy-making landscape.
You are invited!
The Government of Canada, DataBC and the Victoria Foundation invite you to the March 29, 2018, consultation to inform Canada’s 4th Open Government Plan. This free session will take place at City Hall, Victoria, B.C. from 8:30 – 11:00 am. The conversation will be focused on the non-profit-social sector and social innovation.
Open Government often means different things to different people, but can include:
- Transparency about decisions and spending
- How government listens to and collaborates with citizens and other sectors on policy questions
- Tools to hold government accountable for results
- Applying an open approach to data, science, culture, and other fields
- And other topics that you think are important to the idea of Open Government
This is your opportunity to provide your input to the Government of Canada on how it can ensure open government and citizen engagements provide meaningful, inclusive, and effective contributions to the policy-making process.
Register for the March 29, 2018, workshop at Victoria City Hall, to help build Canada’s National Action Plan on Open Government for 2018-2020.