What is this engagement about?
The Province of British Columbia is in the process of developing a made-in-BC wild salmon strategy that will support restoring healthy and abundant wild salmon stocks in B.C. Read more about the strategy development process.
To begin developing the strategy, the Wild Salmon Advisory Council and the Wild Salmon Secretariat have formulated an options paper on:
- Restoration and enhancement of wild salmon populations;
- Sustainable fisheries management and stewardship opportunities for communities; and
- New economic development opportunities to assist viable and sustainable community based fisheries.
This options paper will be submitted to the Select Standing Committee on Agriculture, Fish and Food in fall 2018. It will form the basis of the public consultation that will inform the development of a renewed provincial approach to protecting wild salmon.
You can participate in the following ways:
- Participate in the public consultation led by the Select Standing Committee on Agriculture, Fish and Food. Learn more about the engagement process.
- Provide your input during the development of B.C.’s wild salmon strategy by writing to WildSalmonSecretariat@gov.bc.ca.
Questions or comments?
- Wild Salmon Secretariat
- Phone: 250-387-0863
How can my contribution make a difference?
Public engagement will be important to informing our new strategy. A made-in-B.C. wild salmon strategy will outline the province’s action plan for sustaining wild salmon today and for future generations.
Details of the Engagement:
Dates: Phase 1: August 10 to September 28, 2018
Phase 2: October 11 to late fall 2018
Category: Environmental Protection
Type: In-person, E-mail, Phone