What is this engagement about?
The Province of British Columbia is in the process of developing a made-in-BC wild salmon strategy that will support restoring healthy and abundant wild salmon stocks in B.C. Read more about the strategy development process.
To begin developing the strategy, the Wild Salmon Secretariat and the Wild Salmon Advisory Council are currently formulating an options paper on:
- Restoration and enhancement of wild salmon populations;
- Sustainable fisheries management and stewardship opportunities for communities; and
- New economic development opportunities to assist viable and sustainable community based fisheries.
This options paper will be submitted to the Select Standing Committee on Agriculture, Fish and Food in fall 2018. It will form the basis of the public consultation examining the health, habitat and management of wild salmon, as well as the sustainability of the wild salmon industry in British Columbia.
You can participate in the following ways:
- Provide your input during the development of the options paper by writing to WildSalmonSecretariat@gov.bc.ca.
- Participate in the public consultation led by the Select Standing Committee on Agriculture, Fish and Food. Learn more about the engagement process.
Input during options paper development will be accepted until September 28, 2018 at 4pm.
The Select Standing Committee will begin their public consultation process in October 2018.
Questions or comments?
- Wild Salmon Secretariat
- Email: WildSalmonSecretariat@gov.bc.ca
- Phone: 250-387-0863
How can my contribution make a difference?
Public engagement will be important to informing our new strategy. A made-in-B.C. wild salmon strategy will outline the province’s action plan for sustaining wild salmon today and for future generations.
Details of the Engagement:
Dates: August through Fall, 2018
Category: Environmental Protection
Type: In-person, E-mail, Phone