What is this engagement about?
The Province of British Columbia is in the process of developing a made-in-BC wild salmon strategy that will support restoring healthy and abundant wild salmon stocks in B.C. Learn more about the engagement process.
To begin developing the strategy, the Wild Salmon Advisory Council formulated an options paper on:
- Restoration and enhancement of wild salmon populations;
- Sustainable fisheries management and stewardship opportunities for communities; and
- New economic development opportunities to assist viable and sustainable community based fisheries.
You could participate in the following ways:
- Attend a community meetings led by the Wild Salmon Advisory Council.
- Provide written input through an online feedback form.
How can my contribution make a difference?
Public engagement will be important to informing our new strategy. A made-in-B.C. wild salmon strategy will outline the province’s action plan for sustaining wild salmon today and for future generations.
Details of the Engagement:
Phase One: August 10 to September 28, 2018
Phase Two: October 11, 2018 to January 11, 2019
Category: Environmental Protection
Type: In-person, E-mail, Phone