What is this engagement about?
This project will provide a new bridge over the CP Rail tracks on Highway 3 in Elko, as well as improvements to the intersection at Bate Avenue including the addition of a left-turn lane.
The new bridge will replace the existing one that was built in 1950. Replacing this bridge will support the commercial, industrial and tourist traffic that uses the highway.
The highway at this location sees an average of 6,700 vehicles per day, increasing to approximately 9,800 per day in the summer.
The project will provide:
• A new 53-metre long three-span bridge
• Wider shoulders
• Barrier-protected sidewalk on the north side of the new bridge
• Pedestrian tunnel under Highway 3 on the north side of the new bridge
• Intersection improvements including a left turn lane at Bates Avenue
• Improved signage and lighting
Details of the Engagement
Date: September 16, 2021 to October 7, 2021