What is this engagement about?
The provincial government is embarking on a new program to recover and conserve woodland caribou in British Columbia, and we would like your feedback.
The Caribou Recovery Program is a long-term commitment that will include all B.C. caribou herds in a comprehensive and uniform approach to conservation, based on traditional knowledge and science. The province has already committed to $27 million to ensure a strong start.
Despite the province’s efforts over the years, many of B.C.’s 54 caribou herds are in decline. At the same time, challenges faced by caribou continue to grow, including:
- climate change effects
- continued interest by industry and recreational sectors to access caribou regions, and
- changes to caribou habitats.
There were several ways to contribute to the Draft Provincial Caribou Recovery Program:
- Share your ideas directly on the Draft Provincial Caribou Recovery Program.
- Download a PDF version of the Draft Provincial Caribou Recovery Program and share your comments.
- Submit your written comments by email.
- Mail your comments to:
Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
PO Box 9338 Stn Prov Govt, Victoria BC V8W 9M1
Feedback was accepted until June 15, 2018 at 4p.m.
How can my contribution make a difference?
Your ideas will be reflected in the final caribou recovery strategy paper that we are targeting for completion spring 2019.
Details of the Engagement:
Date: April 20 to June 15, 2018
Category: Land & Animals
Type: Online, E-mail, Mail