Actions were prioritized for the strategy based on feedback from engagement on the draft Climate Preparedness and Adaptation Strategy in 2021, the Climate Ready BC public engagement 2019-2020, and other input such as the Preliminary Strategic Climate Risk Assessment for B.C. and lessons from the extreme weather events of 2021.
The draft strategy, and guiding principles, were developed together with input from the general public, Indigenous Nations, local governments and organizations throughout B.C. and built on climate adaptation work already done to date.
Read the draft strategy documents (released June 2021)
- Draft Climate Preparedness and Adaptation Strategy
- Draft Principles to Guide the Province of B.C.’s Work on Climate Preparedness and Adaptation
- Summary of the draft Climate Preparedness and Adaptation Strategy
Read the summary or complete Strategy
Phase 1: November 7, 2019 to January 10, 2020
Phase 2: June 9 to August 12, 2021
- 2958 questionnaires completed
- 265 online comments
- 89 submissions (57 individual, 32 organization)
- 488 mail letters
- 6824 website visits
- 40 stakeholder submissions received
- 157 email submissions
Input Leads to Action
Feedback from public and partner engagement helped to prioritize actions in the Climate Preparedness and Adaptation Strategy and to develop guiding principles for adaptation in B.C.
News Release June 29, 2022: https://news.gov.bc.ca/27032