The purpose of the project was to provide information and receive feedback about the Highway 97 and Stickle Road Improvement Project.
Public consultation sought feedback on the project design, including safety improvements, maintaining highway through traffic mobility, and improving traffic flow in Vernon.
The ministry hired consulting services to assess the safety of design options and the environmental impacts of the project on the surrounding area.
May 26 to June 10, 2016
- 234 people attended the public open house on May 26, 2016.
- 120 completed feedback forms received.
- 28 open-ended submissions were received through email or mail.
Input leads to action:
- The community engagement summary report has been published.
- Revised intersection design takes into account community and local government input about increasing intersection safety as well as access to Vernon.
Visit the project page for more information.