Key Project benefits include:
- Travel time savings – the average commuter will save up to 30 minutes a day
- Travel time reliability – with no rush hour delays, and improved accessibility throughout the day
- Improved safety – an estimated 35 per cent reduction in collisions
- Improved trade and commerce – with improved travel time reliability and improved access between Delta and Richmond distribution centres
- Improved transit – dedicated transit/HOV lanes between Bridgeport Road in Richmond and Highway 91 in Delta, new transit-only ramps at Bridgeport Road to improve access to Canada Line, and integrated transit stops at the Steveston Highway and Highway 17A interchanges
- Improved cycling and pedestrian access – with a new multi-use pathway for cyclists and pedestrians that will provide safe and convenient access between Delta and Richmond and connect to the existing network at River Road in Delta and Steveston Highway in Richmond
- Improved environment – connecting portions of Deas Island Regional Park that are currently separated by the Tunnel infrastructure, improvements in Green Slough, bio-filtration of stormwater on the bridge, habitat enhancements, lower per-trip fuel consumption, and reduced vehicle idling.