The benefits of the Mt. Lehman 4-laning project include:
Traffic and Safety Improvements
- Additional lanes to improve traffic flow and accommodate future developments and traffic growth.
- Reduce delay at the Simpson Road intersection with dedicated southbound left turn lane.
- Reduce delay and improve traffic flow and safety at the Marshall Road intersection with new traffic signals and left-turn lanes.
- New roadway lighting on Mt Lehman Road.
Driveway and Access Management
- Closure of existing Mt. Lehman Road / Peardonville Road intersection and Marshall Road Extension.
- Driveway improvements to improve safety.
Pedestrian and Cycling Improvements
- New sidewalks and on-road bike lanes from Simpson Road to Abbotsford Airport.
- Shoulder bike lane on realigned Marshall Road Extension.
- New roadway lighting on Mt. Lehman Road.
- Reinstatement of impacted bus stops.
Drainage and Environmental Improvements
- New curb and gutter, catch basins and storm sewer on Mt. Lehman Road.
- Replacement and upgrade of 3 culvert crossings at Mt. Lehman Road and Marshall Road Extension.
- Culvert design to promote fish passage.
- Planted boulevard along Mt. Lehman Road.
- Revegetation planting in the riparian area of Fishtrap Creek.