Small group sessions
On this page
Funding to host small group sessions
Groups could request organizational facilitation funding to host their own small group conversation using a Conversation Toolkit.
This funding covered the costs of hosting a conversation, such as:
- Participant honouraria
- Transportation costs
- Wellness supports
- Venue bookings
- Organizational staff time required to coordinate and facilitate the conversation
Eligibility for funding
Groups that requested funding support to host their own small group conversation for this engagement must have met the following requirements:
- Be an established organization located within British Columbia that represents, serves, or works with individuals who have experience with or are currently experiencing poverty.
- Be able to receive an e-transfer or cheque for the requested amount.
- Be able to submit a written report back using the template provided in the Conversation Toolkit by April 30, 2023.
- Provide a simple breakdown of how the funding was spent. This is to be included in the written report back submission by April 30, 2023.
Priority population groups
Please note: Limited funding is available and will be prioritized based on need and prioritized population groups for this engagement. This includes:
- Children and youth (under age 19)
- Young adults (between ages 20 and 27)
- Women (cisgender and transgender)
- Non-binary people and others in the 2SLGBTQ+ community
- Indigenous peoples
- People living with disabilities
- People living in rural and remote communities
- Immigrants and refugees
- People and families who work and earn low incomes
- Single working-age adults
- People living with or fleeing abuse
- People living with mental illness or addiction
- Black people and people of colour