Process and Timelines
This engagement is now closed.
This feedback opportunity was open to all British Columbians and aimed to help government better understand:
- How to support farmers and ranchers in the ALR to expand and diversify their businesses;
- Ways to help new or young farmers become established on the land and in business; and,
- Ensure there is flexibility for residential options while prioritizing agriculture in the ALR.
Feedback was invited between September 19 to November 15, 2019 at 4 pm
In addition to the online survey, in person meetings were held in the following locations:
- Thursday September 19 – Merville, Comox Valley
- Tuesday October 1 – Delta
- Wednesday October 2 – Dawson Creek
- Thursday October 3 – Prince George
- Thursday October 10 – Kelowna
- Wednesday October 30 – Castlegar
- Tuesday November 5 – Cranbrook
- Thursday November 14 – Kamloops
The feedback received during this consultation period will be reviewed by ministry staff and will help the Provincial Government encourage farming, protect farmland in B.C. and may determine other potential actions that should be developed or consulted upon.
A What We Heard report on all feedback we received is expected to be released early 2020.