Process and Timelines
This feedback opportunity is open to all British Columbians and will help government better understand:
- Support farmers and ranchers in the ALR to expand and diversify their businesses;
- Help new or young farmers become established on the land and in business; and,
- Ensure there is flexibility for residential options while prioritizing agriculture in the ALR.
Feedback is invited between September 19, 2019 to November 15, 2019 at 4 pm
In addition to the online survey, in person meetings will take place in the following locations:
- Tuesday October 1 – Delta
- Wednesday October 2 – Dawson Creek
- Thursday October 3 – Prince George
- Thursday October 10 – Kelowna
- Wednesday October 30 – Castlegar
- Tuesday November 5 – Cranbrook
- Thursday November 14 – Kamloops
The feedback received will help the Provincial Government encourage farming, protect farmland in B.C. and may determine other actions that should be developed or consulted upon.
All comments received online, by mail or email by November 15, 2019, will be reviewed by ministry staff and a ‘What We Heard’ report will then be compiled and released to the public.