Habitat loss, alteration and fragmentation are increasing due to human activity.
- Integrate wildlife and habitat values into decision-making about land and natural resource use on Crown and private land.
- Expand the use of cumulative effects assessment and habitat modelling to better understand the effects of human activity on wildlife habitats throughout B.C.
- Use land use planning, access management and other landscape-level tools to reduce the impacts of human activity on wildlife and their habitats.
- Consider consolidating habitat conservation provisions in provincial natural resource legislation so that they apply to all industries and human activities across B.C.
- Review the effectiveness of current land conservation designations on both Crown and private land and consider changes to increase their effectiveness.
- Increase public awareness about the importance of conserving biodiversity and habitats to maintain environmental sustainability, human health, and the provincial economy.
- Foster individual, industry and community actions that contribute to conservation and habitat stewardship on Crown and private land.
- What is the most effective way of ensuring that wildlife and habitats are healthy while fostering a healthy economy to ensure life is affordable for British Columbians?