Some wildlife populations are declining across the province.
- Set measurable objectives for wildlife populations and ecosystems in collaboration with Indigenous peoples, wildlife and habitat organizations, natural resource development industry stakeholders and the public.
- Address habitat loss, alteration and fragmentation where required to meet wildlife population and ecosystem objectives.
- Improve understanding of wildlife population dynamics through improved and more frequent information collection, as well as incorporation of Traditional Ecological Knowledge and citizen science to complement existing inventory and monitoring programs.
- Improve understanding of the links between habitat conservation and healthy wildlife populations.
- Address other mortality factors, such as hunting, predation and road/rail collisions, that are contributing to population declines.
- What measures need to be taken to proactively manage wildlife and habitat and prevent wildlife from becoming species at risk?