How to increase the involvement of non-government conservation organizations as well as a broad range of wildlife and habitat stakeholders and the general public in wildlife management and habitat conservation:
- Support and enhance the long-standing role and contributions of non-government conservation organizations in habitat protection and shared stewardship.
- Engage a wider range of stakeholder groups to provide advice to government through proven and new approaches (for example, provincial/regional wildlife boards).
- Improve understanding and communication of the social, economic and environmental values of wildlife and their habitats within functioning ecosystems.
- Develop new governance models for making wildlife management and habitat conservation decisions.
- How should a broad range of stakeholders be involved in wildlife management and habitat conservation decisions?
- What are your suggestions for a new governance model for wildlife management and habitat conservation?