Highway 17 – Keating Cross Overpass Project
On this page…
Who: The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
What: To improve safety and efficiency for this busy corridor
Where: Vancouver Island – South
Why: To help finalize the business case for this project
The Highway 17 Keating Cross Road “Flyover” Overpass Project will improve traffic safety, efficiency, and help keep local businesses competitive with improved access.
The project will replace the northbound left turn onto Keating Cross Road with a “flyover” overpass, eliminating the need to turn across busy highway traffic and reducing congestion. Other features of the project include:
- Widening of Keating Cross Road to support additional traffic
- Installation of a new sidewalk on Keating Cross Road to boost safety for drivers, cyclists and pedestrians
- Installation of bus-on-shoulder facilities that support future plans for bus rapid transit on the Pat Bay Highway
- Realignment of the southbound on-ramp to Victoria
- Closure of the Highway 17 access at:
- East Saanich Road
- Martindale Road
Visit the project webpage for more information.
View the project storymap.
Read the What We Heard Report.
Read the July 4, 2023 news release.