Highway 97 – Lake Country Planning Study
The ministry is conducting a planning study to investigate and identify the future transportation needs of Highway 97 between Lodge Road and Duck Lake in Lake Country.
The study will recommend a long-term infrastructure strategy to improve safety and traffic flow along this segment of Highway 97. Special consideration will be given to the Highway 97 – Glenmore/Beaver Lake Road intersection.
Feedback was accepted in several different ways including:
- At an open house held on February 5, 2020 in Lake Country. Attendees were able to review the display boards and provide comments on a feedback form.
- Via online feedback through the civic engagement platform PlaceSpeak and the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure’s website.
February 5 to February 19, 2020
- 147 PlaceSpeak feedback forms completed
- 51 PlaceSpeak discussions initiated
- 60 in-person feedback forms completed
- 136+ open house attendees
- 28 emails received
Input leads to action:
The ministry will be considering all of the feedback received from the February 2020 public engagement prior to finalizing the study this spring.
Read the engagement summary report for public feedback received throughout this engagement.