The Steering Committee on Modernization of Health Professional Regulation has collected public feedback to help it make recommendations for how British Columbia’s Health Professions Act should be modernized. This Act governs the regulatory colleges that oversee regulation of health professionals in our province. The steering committee is guided by three key objectives:
1. Improve patient safety and public protection.
2. Improve efficiency and effectiveness of the regulatory framework.
3. Increase public confidence through transparency and accountability.
November 27, 2019 to January 10, 2020
- 1,480 written submissions were received, including 255 unique submissions and 1,225 writing campaign/form letters
- 4,018 online surveys were received
- 24 meetings were held with a total of nearly 50 health-sector partners and organizations
Input leads to action:
Read the What We Heard Report for a complete summary of the engagement process.
Feedback has assisted the Steering Committee on Modernization of Health Professional Regulation to finalize its recommendations for improving the model of health profession regulation in B.C. Review the steering committee’s Recommendations to modernize the provincial health profession regulatory framework.
October 19, 2022 News Release.