The Ministry would like to hear from people throughout the province. Along with participating in the online discussions, interested organizations and individuals can make a written submission to FOI.Reform@gov.bc.c
All online feedback forms as well as organizational, expert and citizen email submissions will be read and considered part of the analysis.
Organizational and expert submissions will be posted below.
Criteria for Posting Organizational and Expert Submissions Publicly
Organizations and experts are invited to make submissions in email, Word or PDF to FOI.Reform@gov.bc.ca. We recommend that organizations and experts indicate their organizational name, level of expertise and/or list their credentials in their submission. These submissions will be made public in order to demonstrate transparency of the process and show different perspectives on the issue.
However, in order for organizational/expert submissions to be publicly posted, submissions must meet the criteria below:
- does not contain profanity or is defamatory, threatening, hateful, personally disparaging, harassing, indecent, vulgar, obscene, illegal, immoral or sexually explicit (partially masking profanity or other unacceptable language by substituting asterisks or other symbols into a word is not acceptable if the word remains recognizable);
- does not appear to, or does actually, infringe the copyright, trade-mark, right of privacy, right of publicity or any other intellectual property or other proprietary right of any third party
- does not contain information about, or images (e.g., photographs, videos or illustrations) of, any person other than the person submitting the content;
- does not advertise any product, person or organization, or directs attention to another website for personal gain;
- does not provide links to, or information about, other sites that contain unlawful, objectionable or inappropriate content;
- does not makes unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals, groups or organizations.
- does not appear to be spam-like messaging, a repeat posting or a template letter writing campaign.
- is not far off-topic
Citizen Email Submissions
Private citizens may also submit their thoughts in email, Word or PDF to FOI.Reform@gov.bc.ca. In order to protect privacy and the personal stories that some citizens may want to share with government privately, private citizen submissions will not be posted to this site unless requested by the submitter. Private citizen’s emails must also meet the criteria above in order to be posted publicly.
The province reserves the right to decide on whether a submission meets the above criteria and will be posted publicly to this web site.
Also please note that all submissions will be reviewed according to the above criteria prior to posting and depending on the volume of submissions it may require several weeks to complete the posting of all submissions.
Please submit your feedback by April 9, 2018 at 4pm.
A summary report that details the comments and feedback received will be posted to this site following the close of the public engagement.
Questions about the engagement process can be emailed to CitizenEngagement@gov.bc.ca