Guidelines for Formal Submissions
An invitation for all British Columbians to make written submissions in Word or PDF closed July 22, 2019 at 4p.m. Written submissions may become part of the summary report for this engagement and submitters were asked to clearly indicate if they wished for their submission to be kept confidential.
Written submissions were to be no more than five pages in length and were asked to focus on the review topics of the Private Managed Forest Land Program Review.
Only submissions that met the following criteria were to be considered acceptable:
- Does not contain profanity or is defamatory, threatening, hateful, personally disparaging, harassing, indecent, vulgar, obscene, illegal, immoral or sexually explicit (partially masking profanity or other unacceptable language by substituting asterisks or other symbols into a word is not acceptable if the word remains recognizable);
- Does not appear to, or does actually, infringe the copyright, trade-mark, right of privacy, right of publicity or any other intellectual property or other proprietary right of any third party;
- Does not contain information about, or images (e.g., photographs, videos or illustrations) of, any person other than the person submitting the content;
- Does not advertise any product, person or organization, or directs attention to another website for personal gain;
- Does not provide links to, or information about, other sites that contain unlawful, objectionable or inappropriate content;
- Does not makes unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals, groups or organizations;
- Does not appear to be spam-like messaging, a repeat posting or a template letter writing campaign; and
- Is not far off-topic.
All submissions were considered as part of the analysis of this project. The Province reserves the right to decide on whether a submission meets the above criteria and is considered acceptable.
Depending on the volume of submissions received, it may require several weeks to complete the review and posting of all submissions.