See news release here.
$240,000 is available for BC Parks volunteer projects taking place in 2013/14. To access this funding for a specific park, please contact your local BC Parks staff or email BCParks.Volunteers@gov.bc.ca to find out who you should contact. Each of BC Parks’ five regions has been allocated $20,000 to support conservation projects, and $20,000 to support recreation projects. Each region will be reviewing applications during the spring of 2013.
There is also an additional $40,000 available to support projects that have a provincial or multi-region scope. Applications for these larger scale projects are due by May 31st, 2013. Successful applicants will be notified by June 14th, 2013. To request an application form, please email BCParks.Volunteers@gov.bc.ca.
What are the funding criteria?
- Maximum funding – $7,500 per project
- Projects must be complete by March 31, 2014
- Projects that engage the local BC Parks community.
- Volunteers – priority will be given to initiatives with a volunteer component (includes activities, supplies, training and recognition).
The funding may also support events and initiatives that focus on the following:
- Healthy living & physical activity in BC Parks
- Conservation (e.g., support for Ecological Reserve Wardens, nature education, invasive species control, restoration, science/ research, etc.) in BC Parks.
- Attracting new and current visitors to BC Parks (e.g., learn to camp and learn to fish initiatives, youth events, multi-cultural events, accessibility projects, events, celebrations, etc.).