Reporting on Student Learning in the Classroom
On this page…
Who: Ministry of Education, teachers, parents, students, partners
What: Grade K to 12 Student Reporting Policy
Why: Receive feedback on proposed policy changes
Students and parents/caregivers need to receive regular, clear communication about student learning throughout the school year. To ensure this information is provided from Kindergarten to Grade 12, B.C. is replacing three policies with one unified K-12 Student Reporting Policy.
Feedback on the proposed changes were sought from:
- School administrators
- Interested members of the public
The documents below were provided to the public for review:
- The proposed Draft K-12 Student Reporting Policy (PDF)
- A summary of the Proposed Policy in French (PDF) and in English (PDF)
- A Policy Development Background & Rationale Document (PDF)
- 4,491 surveys completed (322 partial)
- 16 written responses
Read the June 23, 2023 news release.
After review of the public feedback, the K-12 Student Reporting Policy has been postponed. It will be refined for a new implementation date of September 2023.