Organization & Expert Submissions
Organizations and experts were invited to make email submissions in Word or PDF to PSB@gov.bc.ca. If these submissions meet the criteria below, they will be made public in order to demonstrate transparency of the process and show different perspectives on the topic.
We recommended that organizations and experts indicate their organizational name, level of expertise and/or list their credentials in their submission.
In order for organizational/expert submissions to be publicly posted, submissions must meet the criteria below:
- does not contain profanity or is defamatory, threatening, hateful, personally disparaging, harassing, indecent, vulgar, obscene, illegal, immoral or sexually explicit (partially masking profanity or other unacceptable language by substituting asterisks or other symbols into a word is not acceptable if the word remains recognizable);
- does not appear to, or does actually, infringe the copyright, trade-mark, right of privacy, right of publicity or any other intellectual property or other proprietary right of any third party;
- does not contain information about, or images (e.g., photographs, videos or illustrations) of, any person other than the person submitting the content;
- does not advertise any product, person or organization, or directs attention to another website for personal gain;
- does not provide links to, or information about, other sites that contain unlawful, objectionable or inappropriate content;
- does not makes unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals, groups or organizations;
- does not appear to be repetitive or a template letter writing campaign;
- is not far off-topic
The province reserves the right to decide on whether a submission meets the above criteria and will be posted publicly below.
All submissions will be reviewed according to the above criteria prior to posting and depending on the volume of submissions it may require several weeks to complete the posting of all submissions.
- Joint submission from the First Nations Leadership Council & the Aboriginal Justice Council
- BC Civil Liberties Association
- Pivot Legal Society
- Vancouver Police Department
- Vancouver Rape Relief and Women’s Shelter
- Victoria Police Department
- Victory Square Law Office
- West Coast Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF)