$240,000 is now available for volunteer projects taking place in or related to BC Parks in 2018/19.
Each of BC Parks’ five regions have been allocated $20,000 to support conservation projects, and $20,000 to support recreation projects. To access this funding for a specific park, please contact your local BC Parks staff or email BCParks.Volunteers@gov.bc.ca to find out who you should contact.
Application deadlines are as follows (if you aren’t sure what region you are in please reference this regional map or contact BC Parks.Volunteers@gov.bc.ca)
Kootenay Okanagan Projects – May 18th
South Coast Projects – May 21st
West Coast Projects – May 25th
Northern Projects – May 25th
Thompson Cariboo – June 15th
Multi-region or Provincial Projects – May 25th
- Maximum funding request is $5,000 per project.
- Projects must be complete and reported on by March 31, 2019.
The following types of volunteer projects are eligible for funding:
- Conservation initiatives
- e.g. invasive species removal
- e.g. ecological monitoring
- e.g. shoreline cleanups
- Recreation initiatives
- e.g. purchasing adaptive recreation equipment (e.g. TrailRider)
- e.g. construction of small park facilities (e.g. docks, boardwalks)
- e.g. interpretive programs and signs
- Community Events
- e.g. Celebrating Parks Day
- e.g. Hosting a Bioblitz
To apply, please fill out the application form and submit to BCParks.Volunteers@gov.bc.ca.