BC Parks Volunteer Funding available for 2020/21
Each year, BC Parks invites volunteers and community partners to apply for project funding from the Park Enhancement Fund (PEF). This regional PEF funding is intended to support community engagement projects and partnerships across the province. From volunteers to local scientists, regional PEF funding is a wonderful way to support our local parks partners. $240,000 is available in total, with $40,000 for each of our six regions (West Coast, South Coast, Thompson Cariboo, Kootenay Okanagan, North – Omineca Peace and North – Skeena North Coast) split evenly across conservation and recreation projects.
To access this funding for a specific park, please contact your local BC Parks staff or email BCParks.Volunteers@gov.bc.ca to find out who you should contact.
Application deadline is June 26, 2020 for all BC Parks regions
Notification date(s) to successful applicants will be determined regionally.
Application form can be found here: 2020_21 Regional PEF Application Form
- Maximum funding request is up to $5,000 per project including taxes
- Must have support of the application by a current BC Parks staff member
- Projects must be completed by March 31, 2021
- Complete Post Project form before March 31, 2021
- Complete and submit Content and Release form (if applicable)
- To receive funding, applicant must agree to funding criteria as outlined above
Who can apply?
- Not-for-profit organizations, societies, volunteers, Indigenous groups, and other community partners
Examples of past volunteer projects:
- Meziadin Lake sockeye spawning survey
- Shoreline cleanup at Juan de Fuca Park
- Citizen science for amphibians
- Ts’eliksit language and culture camp
- Family fishing weekend at Champion Lakes (Community Event)
- Barrier-free access to Gabriola Sands Provincial Park
To find out more and hear from past recipients, take a look at a recent news release.
Application form: 2020_21 Regional PEF Application Form
BC Parks is proud to support community-led conservation and recreation projects that enhance our park system. If you would like more information or have questions please contact BCParks.Volunteers@gov.bc.ca. If you would like to donate to BC Parks please contact our official charitable partner, BC Parks Foundation.