Register for Virtual Engagement Sessions
Thank you for your interest in the Child and Family Service Legislative Reform engagement sessions.
You can register your interest in potential future engagement sessions for Indigenous peoples. You may also register your interest in potential future engagement sessions for social service and community organizations, or people with lived experience. Additional sessions may be offered if enough participants register their interest.
Engagement sessions were available for the following individuals, communities, and organizations:
Indigenous Engagement Sessions
Indigenous peoples, Nations, communities, and organizations were invited to participate in Indigenous engagement sessions. These sessions were hosted by Indigenous facilitator, Alderhill Planning, to provide support and assistance to create safe sessions for Indigenous participants.
- Wednesday, May 4th – for Indigenous Peoples who live in urban areas
- Thursday, May 19th – Engagement Session on Specialized Homes and Support Services
- Thursday, May 26th – All First Nations Peoples, and Indigenous Peoples who live in urban areas
- Thursday, June 2nd – All First Nations Peoples
- Thursday, June 9th – Indigenous 2SLGBTQIA+
- Friday, June 10th – All First Nations Peoples
Lived Experience and Social Sector Engagement Sessions
People with lived experience of the child and family service system, as well as community and social sector advocates and organizations, were invited to register for lived experience and social sector engagement sessions.
Someone with lived experience might be, but is not limited to:
- Someone who is or was involved with the child and family service system as a child or youth,
- A family member of someone who is or was involved with the child and family service system as a child or youth,
- Someone who received services from the Ministry of Children and Family Development or a Delegated Aboriginal Agency; and,
- A foster parent, guardian, or kinship caregiver.
- Wednesday, May 11th – Community and Social Sector Organization Session
- Wednesday, June 8th – Individuals with Lived Experience Session
- Thursday June 16th – Foster Parents Engagement Session