What is this engagement about?
- The Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) is launching a public engagement on the oversight of social work in B.C.
- This engagement will explore the current state of social work oversight, including what is working well and opportunities for improvement.
- It will allow for MCFD to develop a better understanding of the diverse range of needs, perspectives and opinions surrounding social work oversight.
- We will engage broadly with our partners, social workers and the public.
Engagement Timeline: Spring 2022 – Fall 2022
Social Work Oversight Engagement
How to participate:
- To sign up for project updates and upcoming engagement opportunities, email MCF.SocialWorkEngagement@gov.bc.ca
- We are seeking feedback from anyone interested in social work oversight, including our partners, social work practitioners and the public.
- We will use engagement findings to prepare a “What We Heard Report” which will reflect key topics and messages brought forward during the engagement.
- We anticipate this engagement process to start in spring 2022 and be complete by fall 2022.