What is this engagement about?
- The Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) conducted a public engagement on the oversight of social work in B.C.
- This engagement explores the current state of social work oversight, including what is working well and opportunities for improvement.
- It will allow for MCFD to develop a better understanding of the diverse range of needs, perspectives and opinions surrounding social work oversight.
- We engaged broadly with our partners, social workers and the public.
- Results from the general public and social worker survey, as well as the written submissions are being reviewed and analyzed.
Engagement Timeline: Spring 2022 – January 2023
Social Work Oversight Engagement
Thank you to everyone who took the time to provide feedback
- 534 respondents to the Social Work Oversight public survey
- 1,142 respondents to the social worker survey
- 14 written submissions from partner groups and private individuals
- Additional input received:
- 380 template emails from letter writing campaign
Input leads to action
Feedback gathered through this public engagement has helped expand our understanding of the issues and how they are experienced. The feedback will be summarized in a What We Heard Report , which we anticipate completing in late fall 2023, and help contribute to further analysis and policy development and our understanding of the public need.
Online survey for the general public
Survey closed on Friday, January 13th at 4:00 p.m.
Written submissions on the Social Worker Oversight engagement closed on Friday, January 13th at 4:00 p.m.
Social Worker Survey
A survey for registered social workers and unregistered social workers closed on Friday, January 13th at 4:00 p.m.