Written Submission Guidelines
Guidelines for Formal Submissions
Individuals and organizations with an interest in the reform of B.C.’s natural gas royalty system and who wish to provide more feedback than allowed for in the questionnaire currently posted to EngageBC are invited to make formal submissions until December 10, 2021 at 4 pm.
Your submission should include the following information clearly outlined:
- Your name and town, or city of residence, if submitting an individual response
- Name and purpose of your organization, if submitting on behalf of an organization
- Your level of knowledge of and involvement in the natural gas industry
- Your reaction to the Independent Assessment if you read this document or its Executive Summary
- Your reaction to the Discussion Paper, potentially including the following matters raised within:
- The appropriateness of the three overarching government goals (environmental protection, ensuring a fair return to the public resource, economic development, as well as any other goals you think should be considered)
- The appropriateness of and preference amongst the three royalty structures under consideration (flat rate on production with no capital recovery mechanism, flat rate on production with capital recovery mechanism, royalty based on economic value or revenue-minus-cost (RMC)), including any other structure you think should be considered
- Your preference amongst the two approaches to transition (gradual with grandfathering over 5 to 7 years, or quicker – one or two years – with a possible offset to ensure fairness
- Your preferred approach to dealing with existing royalty credits, including credits associated with the Deep Well Royalty Program.
The submission should be no longer than ten pages. Submissions will not be posted publicly.
Please ensure your submission:
- Does not contain profanity or is defamatory, threatening, hateful, personally disparaging, harassing, indecent, vulgar, obscene, illegal, immoral or sexually explicit (partially masking profanity or other unacceptable language by substituting asterisks or other symbols into a word is not acceptable if the word remains recognizable)
- Does not appear to, or does actually, infringe the copyright, trade-mark, right of privacy, right of publicity or any other intellectual property or other proprietary right of any third party
- Does not contain information about, or images (e.g., photographs, videos or illustrations) of, any person other than the person submitting the content
- Does not advertise any product, person or organization, or directs attention to another website for personal gain
- Does not provide links to, or information about, other sites that contain unlawful, objectionable or inappropriate content
- Does not make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals, groups or organizations
You can email your written submission to:
You can also mail your written submission to:
Oil and Gas Division
PO Box 9323 Stn Prov Govt
4th Floor, 1810 Blanshard St,
Victoria, BC V8W 9N3
Personal information is collected by the Ministry of Citizens’ Services for the Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation under the authority of section 26(c) and 26(e) of the Information and Protection of Privacy Act (“FOIPPA”), for the purposes of soliciting the public’s feedback on this engagement. If you have any questions about the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, please contact: Director, Citizen Engagement, PO Box 9484, STN PROV GOVT Victoria BC, V8W 9W6, ph: 250-208-3591, email@example.com.
Please do not include any personally identifiable information about yourself or others in your response.