CBRAC requested a workshop to strengthen their understanding of hydro operations on the Kootenay River system. The members of the Columbia River Treaty Local Governments’ Committee (LGC) were invited to join the workshop.
This workshop was held on March 9, 2016 with on-site participants in Castlegar and video conference links to Valemount, Golden and Cranbrook, as well as a telecon link to Nakusp. Twenty-six of the thirty-six CBRAC members attended, as well as six of the ten LGC members. Representatives from the B.C. Ministry of Energy and Mines, BC Hydro, FortisBC, Regional District of Central Kootenays, Environment and Climate Change Canada and the US Army Corps of Engineers provided presentations.
This workshop started a deeper dive into understanding the Kootenay System and related issues more fully.
- Agenda, March 9, 2016
- Attendee List
- Meeting Summary
- Presentation: Kootenay System Overview
- Presentation: International Joint Commission – Kootenay Lake Board of Control
- Presentation: Fortis BC Operations Overview
- Presentation: Local Government and Flood Management
- Presentation: Duncan Dam Operations
- Presentation: Libby Dam and Koocanusa Reservoir