2019 Community Meetings
In October and November 2019, the B.C. government hosted a series of 12 community meetings throughout the Canadian Columbia Basin, to update residents on Columbia River Treaty negotiations, and seek input on work being done to address community interests related to the Treaty. Each meeting featured presentations on the current Canada-U.S. Treaty negotiations, Indigenous Nations-led work to address ecosystems and salmon reintroduction in the upper Columbia Basin, and work the Province is doing to address other key community interests. These sessions followed a series of meetings held in 2018 across the B.C. Columbia Basin, and are a continuation of the Province’s public engagement on the Treaty that began in 2012.
All presentations and materials from the 2019 meetings are available on this page. You can also watch the following videos from the meetings held in Genelle and Nelson, B.C., November 12 and 13, 2019.
Video: Minister Katrine Conroy’s opening remarks at the meeting in Genelle, B.C., November 12, 2019
Video: the full meeting in Nelson, B.C., November 13, 2019 (note, there are 2 parts)
A summary report of all 12 meetings will be available in the new year.
If you have feedback or questions about the Columbia River Treaty, please send them to the B.C. Treaty Team via:
- Email: email@example.com;
- Mail: Columbia River Treaty Team, Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources, PO Box 9314 Stn Prov Govt, Victoria BC V8W 9N1; or
- Message the B.C. Treaty Team through the Columbia River Treaty Facebook page.
- Video of Minister Katrine Conroy’s opening remarks from the meeting in Genelle, B.C., November 12, 2019
- Video of the full meeting in Nelson, B.C., November 13, 2019
- Local Governments’ Committee presentation
- Local Governments’ Committee recommendations
- Upper Columbia River Salmon Reintroduction presentation
- Salmon Reintroduction Letter of Agreement between the Ktunaxa Nation, Secwepemc Nation, Syilx/Okanagan Nation, Government of Canada and Province of B.C.
- Ecosystem Function presentation
- Ecosystem Function feedback form
- Heritage Project presentation
- Columbia River Treaty Newsletter
- BC Decision
- 2018 Community Meetings report