The Columbia River Treaty Review Technical Conference was held on March 22 in Castlegar. The Conference was streamed live. Approximately 115 people attended the conference in person with 22 people registering for the LiveStream option. Conference participants were asked to review the Columbia River Treaty 2014 Review Technical Studies Report prior to the Conference as the report provided the background information for the morning breakout sessions. Following a presentation on the report, discussion continued in small groups divided into Basin areas: Arrow Lakes/Kinbasket; Lower Columbia River; Kootenay River System. A presentation by the United States Entity closed the morning portion of the Conference. During the afternoon, there were breakout sessions on Archaeology Performance Measures for Power System Planning; Climate Change; Salmon in the Columbia Basin and Flood Management Operations and Bylaws. An additional conference scheduled for March 20 in Golden was cancelled due to very low registration.
Below you will find a Columbia River Treaty 2014 Review Technical Studies Report handout used in the small group discussions and the presentations used during the Conference. A summary report of the Conference will be posted in mid-April 2013.
Handouts and PowerPoint Presentations
- Columbia River Treaty Review Public Consultation Timeline (updated June 11)
- Columbia River Treaty 2014 Review Technical Studies Report Presentation
- Small Group Discussion Handout on Columbia River Treaty 2014 Review Technical Studies Report
- Columbia River Treaty 2014-2024 Review Update Presentation – U.S. Entity (BPA and USACE)
- Panel Discussion Feedback Form
- Archaeology Performance Measures for Power System Planning Presentation – Compass Resource Management
- Climate Change and the Columbia River Presentation – BC Hydro
- Salmon in the Upper Columbia Basin Presentation – Canadian Columbia River Intertribal Fisheries Commission
- Flood Management Operations and Bylaws
- Columbia/Kootenay Flood Control Presentation – BC Hydro
- Flood Plain Regulation Presentation – Regional District of Central Kootenays
Summary Report of Conference