Phase 3 public engagement sessions were held in November 2013 in six Columbia Basin communities: Jaffray, Cranbrook, Golden, Nakusp, Castlegar and Valemount. The session held in Cranbrook for Regional District of East Kootenay elected officials was also open to the public. Two sessions were held in Nakusp, one in the afternoon and one in the evening, to accommodate a community event. The session in Castlegar was streamed live and the session in Valemount was a community videoconference.
During the sessions the Columbia River Treaty Review team presented results of two additional scenarios analyzed for the draft Columbia River Treaty Review Technical Studies Report. The Treaty Review team also reviewed the draft Columbia River Treaty Review public consultation report and the draft recommendation, seeking feedback from Basin residents on the completeness of the report and recommendation and suggestions for improvement.
The Columbia River Treaty Local Governments’ Committee also sought feedback on their draft recommendations to government. Below you will find handout material and the presentations provided to attendees at the community sessions.
• Addendum to the Columbia River Treaty 2014 Review Technical Studies Report
• Columbia River Treaty Review Public Consultation Report Working Draft
• Appendix 5: Provincial Response to Issues raised by the CRT Local Governments’ Committee
• Columbia River Treaty Review Draft BC Recommendation
• November 2013 Community Feedback Form
• Columbia River Treaty Review Addendum Studies: BC Hydro
• Columbia River Treaty Review, Looking to the Future: Kathy Eichenberger, Executive Director, Columbia River Treaty, Ministry of Energy and Mines
• Columbia River Treaty Local Governments’ Committee Draft Recommendations
Summary Report of November 2013 Community Consultation
Columbia River Treaty Review November 2013 Community Consultation Summary Report