What is this engagement about?
The Province of BC is seeking feedback on the Surrey Langley SkyTrain Project. The Project will extend the Expo Line 16-kilometres along Fraser Highway from King George SkyTrain Station in Surrey to Langley City Centre. It will improve regional transportation connections and provide fast, frequent, and reliable transit service for people across Metro Vancouver, especially south of the Fraser River.
The area south of the Fraser is one of the fastest growing in the region. By the year 2050, the population of Surrey and Langley is projected to increase by 420,000 people and an additional 147,000 new jobs. As the population south of the Fraser continues to grow, so does demand for transit.
The Surrey Langley SkyTrain will:
• Provide sustainable, multi-modal transportation choices to better connect the region
• Support integrated development that includes safe and accessible active transportation to affordable housing, services, employment, and other destinations
• Foster healthy communities and the environment
• Create economic development and job growth
• Deliver on the 10-Year Vision of the Mayors’ Council on Regional Transportation.
How to participate:
Participants are encouraged to review the project materials and then provide feedback by completing the online engagement survey. Please visit the engagement site for information and links: https://gov.bc.ca/surreylangleyskytrain
Feedback will be accepted until 4pm (PT) on June 9, 2022.
Read the News Release: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2022TRAN0039-000720
How can my contribution make a difference?
Feedback will help to inform project planning, as appropriate. Following this public engagement opportunity, a Public Engagement Summary Report will be made available. All submissions will be read as part of this engagement process.
Details of the Engagement
Date: May 9, 2022 to June 9, 2022
Location: Lower Mainland – Southwest
Type: Online feedback